Seasoning:1 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper and sesame oil to taste
Cooking method: Steaming
Cooking Appliance: Steam Oven
Cooking Appliance: Combination Steam Oven
Cooking Appliance: Steam Oven with Microwave
Recipe Style: Easy
Recipe Style: Others
Food by region: Chinese
Occasion & festival: Winter/Autumn
Type of Dish: Main
2. Dress and clean the crab. Lightly crack the shell with the back of a knife. Chop into pieces.
3. Wash the rice and place in a large and deep ovenproof container. Pour in chicken stock and steam in Miele Steam Oven at 100°C for 1 hour until the rice is fluffy and mushy.
4. Mix ginger and green onion with the seasoning in a small bowl.. When the steaming time of step 3 remains 10 minutes, put the mixture into the Steam Oven.
5. Add the steamed ginger and green onion mixture, crab and clams into the congee. Mix well and steam at 100°C for 30 minutes. Garnish with the cilantro and Chinese celery before serving.
2. Making congee the traditional way over a stove entails your full attention throughout the cooking process as the congee my boil over or burn. On the other hand, making congee with Miele Steam Oven is a lot simpler. You don’t need to keep an eye on it and it won’t burn. You may also tailor-make it with your favourite ingredients.