SWEET POTATO FILLING: 1 Sweet Potato (approx. 200g), Whipping Cream 50g,
紫薯餡:紫薯 1個(約200克) 、淡忌廉 50克、砂糖 40克
Cooking method: Steaming
Cooking method: Steam Roasting
Cooking Appliance: Steam Oven
Cooking Appliance: Combination Steam Oven
Cooking Appliance: Steam Oven with Microwave
Recipe Style: Seasonal & Holiday
Food by region: Asian
Occasion & festival: Mid-Autumn Festival
Type of Dish: Dessert
1. To make dough, sieve glutinous rice flour, cornstarch and icing sugar into a bowl. Add milk and melted butter and mix well. Put on a dish.
2. Peel off the sweet potato and cut to 1cm pieces. Put in Meile Steamer for 25 mins. When there is 10 mins left, put in the dough prepared in step 1 in the steamer.
3. Put the dough in a zipper bag. Knead with hands until no patches of dry flour visible. Refrigerate.
4. Mash the sweet potato. Mix well with the sugar & whipping cream.
5. To assemble, divide the chilled dough and sweet potato mash into 8 equal portions. Wrap each portion of sweet potato mash in a piece of dough. Roll it round and press into a mooncake mould dusted with roasted rice flour. Unmould and refrigerate. Serve.
With 100% steam technology and three-level steaming shelves, temperature is consistent throughout the cabinet. You can churn out a series of mooncake fillings for Mid-Autumn Festival, such as custard & taro.