Seasoning: Light soya sauce 2tbsp, Xiaoshing wine 2tsp, sugar 1/2tsp, corn starch 2tsp, pepper and sesame oil to taste
Cooking method: Steaming
Cooking Appliance: Steam Oven
Cooking Appliance: Combination Steam Oven
Cooking Appliance: Steam Oven with Microwave
Recipe Style: Easy
Recipe Style: Keep Fit
Recipe Style: Seasonal & Holiday
Food by region: Chinese
Occasion & festival: Lunar Chinese New Year
Occasion & festival: Winter/Autumn
Occasion & festival: Everyday Meal
Type of Dish: Main
1. Soak the mushrooms in a bowl of water, cover with heatproof plastic wrap then place in the Miele puresteam at 40℃ for 30 minutes.
2. Squeeze out the water from the mushrooms and dice into small pieces.
3. Stir the seasoning and green onion into the minced pork.
4. Mix the rice flour and corn starch in a small bowl.
5. Mix the mushrooms, ham, minced pork and turnips in the container, then place in the Miele puresteam at 100℃ for 40 minutes.
6. Sift the flour mixture into the turnip mixture. Stir until thoroughly blended, then transfer the mixture into a cake tin.
7. Place in the Miele puresteam at 100℃ for 60 minutes until done.
1. For extra texture, cut the turnips into thicker slices. The pudding is done when you can insert a chopstick into it and it comes out clean and free of batter. Compared to frying in a wok, you can use less oil. The dish is also healthier and quicker to prepare.
2. Preparing tulip pudding can be very time consuming, especially the lengthy steaming process. When using a wok, you can only steam a small portion at a time. With Miele puresteam, however, you can save time by steaming up to 8 rectangular puddings simultaneously. When hairy crabs are in season, you can steam as many as 12-24 crabs at the same time, depending on their size.